2008-09-27

Project Wonderful - does it live up to it's name?  

0 comments

Project Wonderful is way for bloggers and website publishers to place adverts on each others blogs and websites. It allows anyone to display advertising slots, and allows other users to bid on placement. Alternatively you can just bid to display your advert on other sites.

Like most other schemes I've used in the past, it wasn't enormously successful at creating revenue from small traffic sites. Over time it built up a matter a 1 or 2 cents a day, which wasn't going to make me particularly rich, or fund an advertising campaign to drive a lot of traffic.

However, I suspect I'm going to retry it on one or more of my blogs to see if things have changed with the growing number of blogs and advertisers out there - Technorati are reporting about 113 million blogs in the world these days.

(Technorati also say the average earnings for bloggers with 100,000 unique users per month if around $75,000. I'm a little way off that at the moment!)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories